I’m trying to figure out whether anyone has an excellent suggestion for personal cloud backup. The idea of a NAS with remote access could be a good idea. However, it’s not the best option since we cannot guarantee it’s completely safe from danger.
My family has acquired many pictures and videos we’d like to save. Is there a personal online backup program that I can use to automate the backup of these files? Any help is appreciated! “
Why should you go with your personal cloud for backup?
Why should you choose your personal Cloud backup services instead of an external hard drive backup or locally? Here are a few reasons to choose cloud backup for personal solutions:
- Local drives and external drives will be affected by computer issues, including hardware or system malfunction, hackers, viruses, or any other human error because they are connected to your computer or is.
- Natural disasters may damage your backup drive, just like fire and earthquake etc.
- The storage capacity of cloud backup services is scalable Personal users can select different storage schemes depending on their requirements for backup.
It’s therefore highly recommended to explore the most reliable cloud backup storage for your personal usage to back up your data onto the cloud instead of a physical backup storage device.
4 of the best cloud-based personal backup and storage services
In the following article, I’ll show you the most widely used cloud storage services for personal use, including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and CBackup. You can then store videos, photos, documents, designs, etc., and the data can be uploaded to your cloud storage.
Google Drive is the best choice for collaboration and teamwork. You can also make use of it as an individual. It gives free users a large capacity. But, it’s available for other Google services, such as Google Photos along with Gmail. If you want to increase your space without a charge, go through the security checkup process, and you’ll receive 2GB.
In addition to the standard features, Google Drive will provide the ability to integrate Keep, Hangouts, Forms, Slides Calendar,Docs Sheets , Gmail Drive ,G Suit tools and Google Drive for desktop apps.
- Capacity 15GB for free, 100GB and 200GB for those who pay
- Capacity increase of 2GB for the completion of security checks
- Platform: iOS, Mac, Windows and Android
- Upload file Limit: 5TB
- Pricing: $2.99/month for 200GB, $9.99/month for 2TB, $99.99/month for 10TB, $199.99/month for 20TB and $299.99/month for 30TB
- Features include storage of any file and uploading files via any device and upload files to anyone. Save emails with attachments to Gmail.
- Integration G Tools, Backup and Sync desktop application
Microsoft OneDrive can be the best choice for Windows users, mainly Windows 10, because it is highly compatible with other Microsoft products, including Microsoft Office, which includes Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, etc. Additionally, it permits you to edit your files online without downloading them.
Each free user will receive 5GB of cloud storage to maximize capacity. You can sign up for Office 365 for an additional 1TB if you want more storage. In addition, you can upgrade to paid options, which include 50GB, 1TB, and 6 TB.
- Capacity 5GB and 50GB free, 1TB, and 6TB for paid
- Capacity increase Office 365 subscriptions begin at 1TB
- Platform: Windows, Android, iOS
- Limit on uploads of files Limit for uploads: 15GB
- Price of the first month: $1.99/month
- Features Access offline files, SSL encryption, easy sharing of files, latest office software, editing files online without downloading
- Integration: AutoCAD, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
It is an enterprise-class Windows cloud backup for PC applications for individuals. It is a reliable and secure cloud service called CBackup Cloud (10GB free) to protect your data physically and securely. You can also restore backups from CBackup Cloud at any time. CBackup Cloud can be on any location . Additionally, the CBackup interface is self-explanatory, and the procedure is easy to understand in a snap.
Additionally, the paid plans offered by CBackup are highly affordable. It is possible to change plans to get access to the vast cloud backup space of 1,000GB.
- Space: 10GB
- Platform: Windows Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and 11.
- Limitation on File transfer: No limit
- Price : Free, for 1 TB charges $4.99 per month, for 5TB charges $14.99 per month.
- Features: backup of your files on Windows PC to the secure CBackup Cloud. It can restore all your data at any point.
Dropbox is ideal for people who are not heavy data users as it is only available to users who are free of charge 2GB. However, it allows you to increase the capacity for free and invite others to sign up and receive 500MB per referral up to 16GB. Read the Get Started guide to obtain 250MB, and submit a “Mighty Answer” to the Dropbox forum, and for each answer, you receive 1GB of additional storage.
Dropbox has other beneficial features that go beyond the primary option of storage and file sharing and transfer, for instance, Dropbox Paper, File Requests, and Dropbox Rewind.
Dropbox Paper is a fantastic collaborative tool that can be used as a group workspace, and the desktop application will automatically back up your images. If you’re interested in these capabilities, you should test these features.
- Capacity 2GB for free, and various paid options 1TB, 2TB, 3TB for premium
- Capacity increases 500MB per referral, up to 16GB, 250MB when completing the “Getting Started” guide”, and 1GB to Mighty Answer on the Dropbox forum.
- Platform: iOS, Linux, Windows, Mac, Android, Windows phone,
- Uploading files Limit: unlimited.
- Beginning cost: $8.25/month for individuals and $12.5/user/month
- Features: Dropbox paper, Dropbox Rewind, File Requests, 256-bit AES and SSL/TLS encryption. Transfer any type of file, such as PowerPoint and Photoshop, with anyone at any time, from anywhere. Free trial for all versions
Four easy methods to set up your personal cloud backup
After introducing the 4 cloud storage spaces available for computers at home, we’ll show you the steps for creating your personal cloud backup using cloud storage.
Create cloud backups to personal computers with Google Drive
Step 1. Install the Google Drive on your desktop app, sign in to your Google account.
Step 2. Click on Google Drive icon in your system’s tray then click the Setting icon > Preferences
Step 3. Select folders from the My Computer tab. Click the Add Folder button to choose your personal folders to back up.
Tips: Click the Google Drive tab, and then you can select Stream Files and the Mirror file option to transfer files from Google Drive to your personal computer.
Step 4. Select the sync using the Google Drive option, and then click “Done to create your personal cloud backup.
Tips: You can select the gear symbol at the top right-hand corner, locate your Google Drive account, and click the upload photos and upload raw files option in the File Types for your personal cloud backup if you need to.
Other settings are available to configure the bandwidth configurations, Upload size, Proxy settings and much more.
Your personal folders will sync to Google Drive automatically.
Personal cloud backup using Dropbox
1. You need to download and install Dropboxinstaller.exe on your PC, and ligin in to your Dropbox account.
2. Simply click to open the Dropbox icon in the system tray and then press down the arrow next to your Dropbox account. Then, select Preferences.
3. On the Backups tab, click to Set up in This PC section.
4. Choose the folders you need to backup and Click the next button.
5. Click Continue With Basic and follow the steps to set up your personnel cloud backup.
Personal cloud backups with OneDrive Cloud storage
1. Install the OneDrive desktop application OneDriveSetup.exe to install on Windows 7/8/8.1. If your system runs Windows 10 and the OneDrive is already installed.
2. Log into Your OneDrive personal cloud accounts.
3. Select to open the OneDrive icon in the tray of your system and then select Help and Settings > Settings.
4. In the Backup tab, click the Manage Backup button in the Important PC Folders.
5. Select the personal folders require to back up and click the Start Backup button.
Tips: Tick the option to automatically save photos and videos onto OneDrive whenever I connect a phone, camera or any other device to my computer in the Photos and Videos section. You can also choose the Screenshots option and then click Okay to create a personal online backup.
Then, it creates an automatic cloud backup for your personal cloud using OneDrive personal cloud storage.
Create a personal online backup using CBackup.
There’s a different way to perform cloud backup on personal computers. You can use CBackup for backup of data in the CBackup Cloud. In addition, you can use it to back up your files on Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. It’s among the most efficient individual cloud backup services.
Here is a backup of your personal files on computers into CBackup Cloud as an example:
Step 1. Step 1. Download the CBackup PC client. Make an account with the CBackup account first, then log in to your account.
Step 2. Click the Backup tab and then click on the Backup PC to CBackup Cloud button.
Step 3. Pick the files from your desktop that you may want to transfer to your cloud-based storage. Click “Start backup to manage your cloud backup quickly.
TIP: You could click Settings in the lower left corner to make your cloud backups regularly, such as every day, once or monthly. Allow email notifications, and then include or exclude documents you’d like to back up or don’t wish to back up.
What happens if your personal cloud backup storage is insufficient?
It is apparent above the space that is free for Download is limited. Google Drive is 15GB, OneDrive is 5GB, and Dropbox is just 2 GB. The space will be exhausted sooner or later, and you may opt to upgrade to the paid version or gain more storage space by using all of your cloud storage.
It is highly recommended to look at CBackup, the free version on the web of CBackup. It will allow you to create unlimited cloud storage to CBackup, then automatically integrate the cloud and storage into one storage unit to store unlimited files. Let’s look at how you can combine unlimited cloud drives and CBackup:
Step 1. Log into CBackup using your account.
Step 2. Click the ” Storage” tab, select Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive and Click “Authorized” now. Choose your Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive account and permit CBackup credentials to delete, create, edit and see your cloud files.
Step 3. Modify the Name of the cloud and storage path for backup files. Select the checkbox before ” “Note: Please don’t delete or modify the backup files or CBackup path in your Google Drive account.” and select “OK“
Step 4. To merge more cloud storage space, repeat the previous steps to add other cloud drives, even other drives, and then click storage > Add combined cloud. Follow the steps to increase your Cloud storage for free.
Drop it into the box.
Explore Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or CBackup to make a personal cloud backup because you’ll find the top cloud storage services for personal use. Choose the personal cloud backup services that meet your needs:
- Google Drive provides more space for free and is suitable for Google users.
- OneDrive is ideal for Windows users.
- Dropbox for users who use light data;
- CBackup is designed for users who wish to set up cloud backups on personal computers.
- If the cloud storage you have on your own isn’t enough, add more cloud storage into one by using CBackup. Additionally, you can make cloud-to-cloud backups and cloud-cloud sync using the cloud backup software for free.
I am a professional Blogger, SEO Expert and Affiliate Martketer. I shared my idea and thoughts about blogging etc.